RAID Nitrox Specialty
The RAID Nitrox Speciality is designed to extend your knowledge and skills in the use of oxygen enriched gases for Sport Diving. It develops the knowledge required to plan, analyse and use an Enriched Air Nitrox breathing gas mix for recreational no decompression diving.
This speciality can be run for any certified diver who has the equivalent of RAID Open Water 20, ask your RAID Nitrox Instructor.
THE PROGRAMME EMPLOYS THE FOLLOWING
1. Gas planning for Nitrox mixes of up to 40% for recreational diving.
2. Skills to analyse and tag a Nitrox cylinder.
3. Planning for maximum 1.4 PpO2 at the target depth.
4. Understanding of the planning for oxygen toxicity and the effects of CNS and OTU.
1. To be a minimum of 15 years old.
2. Certified RAID Open Water 20 or equivalent.
3. Complete the RAID registration procedures.
PRACTICAL COURSE CONTENT
1. RAID On-line e-learning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills as detailed.
2. Optional open water training.
Contact us for further details